Sunday, August 11, 2013

Surprise, it's Granola!

I’ve made my own raw food bars/ snacks a couple times and really enjoy having them around. I found a neat, customizable recipe at choosingraw.com (really, I should just change the name of this blog to the choosing raw fan club). I misjudged the amount of time the ingredients needed to blend, though, so when I should’ve pulled a pan of gooey but sliceable fruit-nut-paste stuff out of the fridge, I got a bunch of crumbles. Crumbles! Fortunately, I found that the mix was still super filling and tasted amazing atop yogurt with blueberries or with almond milk as a kind of muesli cereal thing. Success!

Happy Accident Granola (raw, vegan-able)
makes about 4 cups
1 Cup almonds, raw 
1 1/4 Cup quick oats 
1/4 Cup chia seeds 
1/4 Cup raw sunflower seeds 
Pinch of sea salt 
2 tsps cinnamon 
1 Cup goji berries 
3 tbsp coconut oil 
1 Tbsp agave nectar 
3 Tbsp honey (for a truly vegan variation, just use agave nectar) 
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
Blend to desired consistency and refrigerate. This will also do fine in the freezer.

I’ll try fruit bars again (with more blender patience!), but I’ll also be returning to this easy, happy-accident granola very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment